Course topic: “How to avoid plagiarism?”
The objectives of the course are the following:
- Defining plagiarism: to make the difference between types of plagiarism.
- To avoid plagiarism through the use of quotes and bibliographic references.
- To determine the importance of managing academic references in order to avoid involuntary plagiarism.
- How to use the different anti-plagiarism tools (practical exercises)?
- The online-course will be taught through the Moodle platform. The virtual methodology allows participants to plan their own schedule of the course. The participants can download the contents and the forum will be the tool to share opinions or doubts.
- To successfully pass the course and obtain the certificate participants must pass the assessment questionnaire.
- Duration: twenty-five hours (1 ECTS) Requirements of the Participants:
- Proficiency in English
- Staff of the ARROW Partner Universities
- Master, PhD, Post-Doc Student of the ARROW Partner Universities
- Undergraduates students are not eligible to attend this course
- What is plagiarism?
- Types of plagiarism
- Examples of plagiarism
- Good practice to avoid plagiarism
- Tips for avoiding plagiarism
- Citation and bibliographic reference
- Types of citations
- Method of citation
- Bibliographic references and bibliography
- Bibliographic style
- How to cite and elaborate bibliographical references
- How to cite Social Media
- Manage bibliographic references
- Anti-plagiarism tools
- Free tools
- Commercial tools
- Informative resources
Registration deadline: 2019.09.23, 17:00
Innovation and Technology Transfer Office of NUM
Tel: 77307730 (1141), e-mail: email@example.com