“Building capacity to advance National Adaptation Plan Process in Mongolia” (NAP) project (GCF /UNEP/MET) is funding 7 climate change adaptation grants for MSc students. We offer $3000 funding for each student who will conduct a climate change related research work in Mongolia under the supervision of their professors to be published on an international peer reviewed journal.
- Enrolled in Master’s degree program in Mongolia, and is active in any of the following areas: scientific, engineering-based, legal, economic, health-related or social aspects of climate change.
- First university degree (Bachelor’s or equivalent), completed less than 12 years previously, counting back from May 2019.
- Very good knowledge of English, documented by appropriate language certificates.
- Hold a Mongolian citizenship.
- Willing to present his/her research findings at the national/ international workshop on long term research discussion.
- Extensive work experience in the field of climate change adaptation and climate-related resource conservation is an asset.
Documents to be submitted:
- Cover letter expressing interest, and justifying why the proposal should be selected
- Research proposal that has been developed by yourself, outlining the rationale, objectives, methodology, expected outputs along with time table of the research
- Certified copy of BSc diploma and transcripts
- CV and related language certificates
- Two letters of recommendations commenting on professional, personal and, if applicable, academic eligibility as well as his/her leadership potential; preferably one from an academic supervisor and other from previous employer
- A copy of ID card
- A letter from the university certifying current enrollment of MSc study
Submission deadline: 2019/12/9 17:00 (documents in a sealed envelope)
Phone: +976-99080066, 77-091142
Address: Margad Center Room 303, 8-khoroo, Sukhbaatar district, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia